With dynamic rates and non-integrated third party services, you retrieve the delivery data export in .csv file format from the ad server or self-service platform. The agency contact manually uploads the delivery to the line item for the current period. With the uploaded metrics, you match the .csv column headers with the Basis Platform field names and import the data. Basis Platform stores the matched column headers and pre-populates the fields for the next upload.
Basis Platform accepts the data and displays the source name alphabetically. The delivery appears by the name of the third party, property, and size.
Basis Platform supports the upload from data from the non-integrated third party in the campaign analytics mode.
Campaign Analytics - Map Delivery Button
Campaign Analytics - Map Delivery: Upload Delivery Link
Upload Delivery Data
The exported .csv file requires a single header row. Extra or blank headers are unacceptable. Modify the file prior to import. The exported .csv file requires a single data row with a unique ID and date within the same campaign. Rows with duplicate ID and date are unacceptable. Modify the file for a single row for each unique ID and date. The row represents a single day of delivery for a campaign. The .csv file require a minimum of a date and unique ID column and at least one delivery metric for a successful map and import.
Note: When mapping dynamic pricing, Basis Platform recommends to map a single metric. Mapping the delivery source to multiple line items may cause double counts of metrics.
- Retrieve the delivery data file from the ad server, DSP, client, or self-service platform. (E.g. Twitter).
- Remove the unnecessary lines. (E.g. Lines before the column header, subtotals, and totals.)
- Select the Map delivery button. The Map Delivery panel appears.
- Select the Upload delivery link. The Upload Delivery Sources page appears.
- Click on the Upload (.csv)... link. The directory appears.
- Select the file from the directory. The file appears on the Upload Delivery Sources page.
Note: Basis Platform only accepts the file in .csv format.
- Click the Upload button. The confirmation message appears.
- Click the Next button. The Delivery Source tab appears with Basis Platform fields and .csv column headers.
Note: The Unique ID creates a customized delivery source.
- Match the Basis Platform fields by selecting the .csv columns header.
- Click Next. The Analytics tab appears with Basis Platform and .csv column metrics.
Note: You have the option to click on the Upload and Delivery Source tabs allowing modifications to those pages.
- Match the Basis Platform metric with the .csv column header.
- Click Import. The progress bar appears and a successful confirmation appears.
- Click Close. A successful import displays the name of the campaign appears in the mapping panel.
A failed import displays an error message. Click the applicable tab (Upload or Delivery Source) and complete the changes. Click Close returns you to the campaign analytics mode.
The delivery sources appear alphabetically by Name and Property in the Map Delivery panel. Select the line item and the delivery source in the Map Delivery panel. The delivery source maps to that line item. A Link icon appears under the line item. To unmap the source, click the delivery source. The Link icon changes to Add.
Media Plan and Map Delivery Panel Link Indicators
The Map Delivery panel also includes the search capability. Entering the text filters the available source by names, properties/platforms, and ad sizes.